Tiny, Prince Charming and I are gearing up for our first camping trip of the season, this weekend! I was hoping to get out earlier in the spring when it was a little cooler but I was just too focused on my last semester of school, never the less I graduated!! YAY!!! Hopefully, wherever your reading this from is a little cooler then it is here, it has been in the upper nineties and so humid here in St. Louis, so wish us luck!
I made a list divided into separate categories to keep me organized and keep me from forgetting something. I thought I would share it with you, too! I like to pack as much as I can in big plastic storage totes organized by category. This makes them easy to pack in the car, helps things stay in their space and protects all of our gear from the elements.
- Fuel for Stove
- Pots & Pans
- Camp Cooking Utensils
- Water Tank
- Corkscrew – bottle opener
- Folding Cutting Board
- Cups, Plates, Bowls
- Eating Utensils
- Water Bottles
- Can opener
- Trash bags
- Pop-up camp trash or foldable laundry bag
- Lighter Fluid
- Plastic Baggies
- Napkins/paper towels
- Cooking Oil – Pam
- Folding Table
- Bear Hang or Bear Box (if camping in bear country!)
Camp Bedroom (Tent)
- Tent – poles, stakes, guy lines, footprint, rainfly (check and make sure you have all your tent parts!
- Sleeping pads – We are loving our double sleeping pad and bag combo!
- Sleeping Bags
- Dr. Bronner’s – Natural BioDegradable Soap that is good for Everything like shampoo, hand washing, even washing dishes!
- Healing Salve
Clothing – adjust for the climate you’re camping in.
- Shoes – Hiking Boots, Tennis Shoes, Outdoor Sandals (Keens, Chacos)
- Cold Weather – Jacket, Hats, Gloves, Base Layers
- Citronella Candle
- First Aid Kit
- Rain Gear
- Bug Spray
- Duct tape
- Clam Screen Pavillion – my favorite new piece of gear! It keeps all the bugs away at meal times and sets up instantly!
- Extra Tarp – Good for an extra shelter or rug extra protection for your tent in case of a massive storm.
- Headlamps, Flashlights, Lanterns
- Folding Chairs
- Toys for Kids – Bubbles
- Extra Batteries
- Gear Line
- Hand Sanitizer
- Clorox Wipes
- Toilet Paper – I always bring toilet paper for a late night dip into the woods but don’t forget to throw it away, don’t leave it in the woods!
- Hanging shoe rack – not a necessity… except if you ask me! I love this because it makes all the things you usually lose at camp organized, visible and all in one place!
For small kids
- Kid’s Rain Suit
- Kid’s Keens
- Durable Blanket to Play on
- Pack n Play
- Battery powered nightlight
- Portable high chair
- Kids sleeping bag/pad
- The Usuals- Bottles, Sippy Cups, Diapers/Pull-ups, Wipes, Kids Dishes and Utensils etc.
Are you Planning a Camping trip soon? Where is your favorite spot to camp and what is on your gear list?
Leave me a comment I would love to hear from you! Stay Posted for pictures of our trip!
**This post contains affiliate links for your convenience, I do not recommend products that I don’t use and love. For more information read my full disclosure here, Thank you for all your support!