What’s on Our Camping List?
Tiny, Prince Charming and I are gearing up for our first camping trip of the season, this weekend! I was hoping to get out earlier in the spring when it was a little cooler but I was just too focused on my last semester of school, never the less I graduated!! YAY!!! Hopefully, wherever your reading this from is a little cooler then it is here, it has been in the upper nineties and so humid here in St. Louis, so wish us luck!
I made a list divided into separate categories to keep me organized and keep me from forgetting something. I thought I would share it with you, too! I like to pack as much as I can in big plastic storage totes organized by category. This makes them easy to pack in the car, helps things stay in their space and protects all of our gear from the elements.
- Fuel for Stove
- Pots & Pans
- Camp Cooking Utensils
- Water Tank
- Corkscrew – bottle opener
- Folding Cutting Board
- Cups, Plates, Bowls
- Eating Utensils
- Water Bottles
- Can opener
- Trash bags
- Pop-up camp trash or foldable laundry bag
- Lighter Fluid
- Plastic Baggies
- Napkins/paper towels
- Cooking Oil – Pam
- Folding Table
- Bear Hang or Bear Box (if camping in bear country!)
Camp Bedroom (Tent)
- Tent – poles, stakes, guy lines, footprint, rainfly (check and make sure you have all your tent parts!
- Sleeping pads – We are loving our double sleeping pad and bag combo!
- Sleeping Bags
- Dr. Bronner’s – Natural BioDegradable Soap that is good for Everything like shampoo, hand washing, even washing dishes!
- Healing Salve
Clothing – adjust for the climate you’re camping in.
- Shoes – Hiking Boots, Tennis Shoes, Outdoor Sandals (Keens, Chacos)
- Cold Weather – Jacket, Hats, Gloves, Base Layers
- Citronella Candle
- First Aid Kit
- Rain Gear
- Bug Spray
- Duct tape
- Clam Screen Pavillion – my favorite new piece of gear! It keeps all the bugs away at meal times and sets up instantly!
- Extra Tarp – Good for an extra shelter or rug extra protection for your tent in case of a massive storm.
- Headlamps, Flashlights, Lanterns
- Folding Chairs
- Toys for Kids – Bubbles
- Extra Batteries
- Gear Line
- Hand Sanitizer
- Clorox Wipes
- Toilet Paper – I always bring toilet paper for a late night dip into the woods but don’t forget to throw it away, don’t leave it in the woods!
- Hanging shoe rack – not a necessity… except if you ask me! I love this because it makes all the things you usually lose at camp organized, visible and all in one place!
For small kids
- Kid’s Rain Suit
- Kid’s Keens
- Durable Blanket to Play on
- Pack n Play
- Battery powered nightlight
- Portable high chair
- Kids sleeping bag/pad
- The Usuals- Bottles, Sippy Cups, Diapers/Pull-ups, Wipes, Kids Dishes and Utensils etc.
Gallery not found.
Are you Planning a Camping trip soon? Where is your favorite spot to camp and what is on your gear list?
Leave me a comment I would love to hear from you! Stay Posted for pictures of our trip!
**This post contains affiliate links for your convenience, I do not recommend products that I don’t use and love. For more information read my full disclosure here, Thank you for all your support!
We will be taking my boys for their first camping trip and this was perfect.y family gets together every 4th of July weekend at Ensenada, B.C. Mexico and we camp by the beach. Super excited, this is a great checklist!
I want to camp at the beach, That sounds amazing! Good luck with your boys! I have always been amazed how well my daughter does on our camping trips, the kids just love the outdoors! Happy Camping!!
Do you have a Pin option? This is totally Pinterest worthy!!
Hi Kayla!! I’m so glad you loved the list! You can pin it using the pin icon at the top of the post! Happy Camping!!
Great list! We keep all our camping supplies in totes and resupply them each time we return from camping so the next trip is super easy.
And now I NEED that clam screen pavilion
It truly is amazing! I planned on spending a little less on a screen tent for our kitchen area to keep out flys and mosquitos but I did so much research and it was well worth the money compared to all other options! Thanks for reading and Happy Camping!
Thank you so much for the quick reference guide for the next time we go camping…with kids!